Headquartered in Research Triangle Park, NC, biospatial is a leading healthcare data and analytics business that has established unique data use agreements enabling biospatial near real-time access to electronic patient care reports (ePCR) from thousands of Emergency Medical Services (EMS) providers in over 40 US states. Equivalent to electronic medical records for ambulances, ePCR data are rich with information regarding the patient, condition, treatment, transport, and destination. biospatial combines a growing database of >100M EMS ePCRs and other healthcare data sources with proprietary artificial intelligence (AI) in support of public sector and commercial entities.
biospatial is leveraging their analytics platform and AI to standardize and make sense of complex, unstructured data and deploy web-based tools across multiple industries.
- Federal Government customers use biospatial tools and APIs to support surveillance for bioterrorism, substance abuse, and COVID-19.
- Hospitals, health systems, and behavioral health centers use biospatial tools and data to inform provider engagement, business development, marketing, and new site planning.
- Pharmaceutical companies and clinical research organizations use biospatial tools and data to support study planning, feasibility, and site identification for clinical trials.
We are looking for talented, proactive individuals, who are excited to learn new technologies and make a positive impact on our mission to provide our customers with premier data analytics and services.
Role and Responsibilities
We are actively expanding our infrastructure/DevOps team to meet the growing demand for our products. As a member of this team, you will contribute to the security and reliability of our platform. You will build upon our existing development processes that use modern Infrastructure as Code (IaC) and Continuous Integration / Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) tools to manage infrastructure and implement planned improvements.
In this role, we expect you to develop expertise in biospatial infrastructure. You will use IaC tools and principles to design, test, and deploy infrastructure improvements with a primary goal of improving reliability. You will monitor logs and alerts for security and reliability concerns as well as conduct regular compliance review activities such as user audits and infrastructure reviews. As needed, you will also provide support for biospatial’s traditional IT business requirements.
Qualifications and Educational Requirements
Successful candidates must have the following:
- A minimum of a bachelor’s degree (BS) in Computer Science or related field
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as an infrastructure-focused developer or IT professional in a DevOps, Site Reliability Engineer, or related role
- Experience administering Linux systems
- Experience deploying and configuring resources with Terraform and Ansible
- Experience with service discovery and health monitoring with Consul
- Experience with code repository and review tools such as Git and Review Board
- Familiarity with CI/CD tools such as Jenkins
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Exceptional organizational and prioritization skills
- Self-motivation, a positive attitude, and a results-oriented approach to assignments
- Experience working with distributed teams
- Proven ability to plan and execute complex projects on schedule and with high-quality outcomes
- Experience with AWS resources
- Understanding of basic networking including routing, subnet addressing, and building and analyzing firewall rules
- Understanding of PKI concepts and implementation
- Experience with secrets management using Vault
- Experience with administration of Apache Solr, MySQL, and/or MongoDB
- Familiarity with Office 365, macOS & Windows 10 deployments, and traditional office IT infrastructure
What’s in It for You?
Your competitive compensation package will include salary, paid time off, 401(k) with company match, and healthcare benefits with exceptional potential for career growth as our success continues.
- Health, dental, and vision insurance with 100% of the premium paid by biospatial
- 35 days of paid time off per calendar year
- Paid parental leave
- 401(k) plan with company match
- Life insurance with premium paid by biospatial
- Long-term disability (LTD) benefits
- Training and tuition reimbursement
biospatial, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability. In addition to federal law requirements, biospatial, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.